The King's Day Celebration: Sunday April 30th , 2017
OAKS PARK DANCE PAVILION
Entry $5.00 per family
You can pay in advance or at the door
- All are invited to come, and we do recommend you wear Orange apparel, the official color of the house of Orange Dutch Royal family
- Hosted by Portland Dutch Society
- Location Oaks Park Dance Pavilion
- Date & Time: Sunday April 30th from 4:00 to 7:00 PM, Official opening by Dutch Honorary Consul in Oregon Hans van Alebeek
- If you pay at the door please bring a check or pay cash. We have limited means to take Credit or Debit Cards on site. Thank you. BTW, ATM machines are available in Oaks Park, but fees may be high
- Live Portland Band: 7 Bridges Row led by Waldo Wolrabe..bring your dancing shoes
- Watch a Klompenmaker demonstration
- Once again we will have a Silent Auction, where you can bid on cool stuff
- Free coffee, tea and water at the beverage counter
- Bar will have Heineken on tap and Grolsch beer in bottles, white and red wine and misc soft drinks available using concession tickets.
- Foods will include: "patat met mayonaisse", "broodje kroket", kip of pork sate, "Hollandse pannekoeken" en "zoute haring" available using concession tickets
- Afke Wierstra will be selling freshly baked Boterkoek and Gevulde koek and krentebollen
- Numerous Dutch products will be for sale such as: ontbijtkoek, speculaas, stroopwafels, drop and other goodies sold by PDS
- Kid's games such as: koekhappen, zaklopen,spijkerpoepen, etc.
- Vrijmarkt (limited space available sign up early)
- Sjoelen by Dutch Games
- Tony's Chocolonely will have a fun display where you can win free delicious Dutch chocolate
You can buy food and drinks by using concession tickets, which we sell at the event and on line.
This event will be a high light of your spring! Last year we had close to 500 people and we look forward to celebrate this Dutch holiday again with you.
The Portland Dutch Society Kings Day committee